Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is the policy for trash containers?

          Castlegate II CCR 3.06 -

No rubbish or debris of any kind shall be allowed or permitted to accumulate upon the Property and no odors shall be permitted to arise there from so as to render the Property or any portion thereof unsanitary, unsightly, offensive or detrimental to any other property or its occupants. Refuse, garbage and trash shall be kept at all times in covered containers and such containers shall be kept within enclosed structures or appropriately screened from view so that it is not visible from any street, Common Area or Lot. Trash containers must be promptly returned to their enclosed structures or screening following trash pickup and in no event shall a trash container remain visible from any street, Common Area or other Lot overnight. If rubbish or debris accumulates upon any Lot in violation of this provision in the judgment of the Association, the Association may remove the rubbish or debris, and charge a special assessment to the Owner of the Lot for the costs of removal.

City of College Station

Garbage Collection

Automated Garbage collection is provided once a week. Each home or duplex is provided with an automated garbage cart that the resident rolls out to the edge of the curb (not into the street) by 8 AM on the scheduled day for garbage collection. The arrows on top of the cart or container should be facing the street. Be sure no vehicles or other items block access to the cart or it cannot be emptied. Within 12 hours after collection, remove the cart from the curb back to the house or garage. This is a requirement in our City Code of Ordinances to keep the appearance of neighborhoods clean and neat.

Detailed Code Violations


CH 11.5 2A

Containers shall be removed from the designated pickup point and placed either adjacent to their dwelling or at a location designated by the City within twelve (12) hours of their scheduled pickup day.

Where can I get the approved Fence Stain?

Effective February 2016, the ACC approved fence stain is Sherwin Williams Super Deck semi-solid and the color 'Hawthorne'. The nearest Sherwin Williams is located at 3108 Texas Ave S. College Station, Tx 77845.

What is the policy on sheds?

Certain sheds have been pre-approved by the architectural committee.

According to the deed restrictions, sheds and outbuildings must be approved by the Architectural Committee (ACC) prior to installation. Additionally, any structures with floor space greater than 120 square feet require a permit from the City of College Station, in addition to requiring architectural committee approval.

What Requires Explicity City Approval, Beyond the ACC?

In certain situations, the City of College Station requires residents to obtain a permit before working with the ACC. Please use this table to determine the most appropriate next steps:
City permit is required prior to ACC approval if any one of the following apply: ACC approval is required if any one of the following apply ACC approval is not required if all of the following apply:
  • Total floor area is greater than 120 sq. ft.
  • The structure requires a permanent floor (excluding sand or concrete blocks)
  • The structure is an extension of an existing building
  • The shed is not on the pre-approved list, but smaller than 120 sq. ft.
  • Placement of the shed is outside of the guidelines outlined below
  • The shed matches the part number and size of the pre-approved structures listed below
  • The structure is not placed upon a permanent floor (excluding sand or concrete blocks)
  • Placement is within the guidelines outlined below

Criteria for Sheds Not on the Pre-Approval List

The Castlegate II ACC uses the following criteria when considering sheds not on the pre-approval list:
  1. According to the City of College Station, the shed must be less than 120 sq. feet unless the appropriate permit is obtained from the city in advance
  2. From the CCRs, section 4.03:
    Outbuildings. Every building, inclusive of such structures as a detached garage, storage building or greenhouse shall be compatible with the dwelling to which it is appurtenant in terms of its design and material composition or be completely screened from public view. All such buildings shall be subject to approval by the Architectural Committee. In no instance shall an outbuilding, other than a detached garage, exceed one (1) story in height or have total floor area in excess of ten percent (10%) of the floor area of the main dwelling.

Who plants trees and provides lawn service in our area?

Landscapers that work in our area and are familiar with our CCRs requirement. Please click here: for more information. Also, the Texas Forest Service has published a Texas Tree Planting Guide please select. You might find it helpful in choosing your new tree.

These local companies are known to provide quality tree planting and removal services. We also have the Texas Tree Planting Guide provided by the Texas Forest Service that you might find helpful in selecting a new tree for your yard.

If you have used another company and would like to add them to the list for your neighbors, please email name of company, person to contact and the contact number to we will add them to the list.

What are the landscape requirements for section 100s and 200s?

The landscape requirements for each section are attached.

Castlegate II Landscape Requirements Section 100s

Castlegate II Landscape Requirements Section 200s

Who do I contact if a street light is out?

The City of College Station Utilities Department is responsible for the maintenance of the street lights. You can report street lights out on their website here.

Who do I contact about a parking concern, traffic signal issue, or street drainage problem?

The City of College Station website has a place for your to report these concerns on their website. Please click here to report a concern.

How do I get a key for my cluster mailbox?

Cluster mailboxes are owned and maintained by the US Postal Service. You will need to go to the post office at 2130 Harvey Mitchell Pkwy S College Station, TX 77840 to request your keys. If you are a homeowner you will need to bring a copy of your documents from closing. Renters will need to bring a copy of their lease. If this is a new home there is no cost for the keys. If this is a pre-owned home or you are a tenant who did not receive keys from your landlord there is a $25.00 cost to re-key the lock and provide you the new keys. The postal service will tell you your box number when they give you the keys.

Can I have a garage sale?

The HOA has no restrictions on garage sales, we request that you do not place signage on street signs, stop signs or light post. Any signs need to be removed by the end of the day. Please see the link regarding the City of College Station's Code of Ordinances on Garage Sales. Click here to see the City of College Station code ordinance.

Who do I contact about a noise or animal complaint?

Please see attached document. Thank you! Noise & Animal Complaints

Can I have a Game day/Vacation rental?

The primary purpose for these restrictions is to maintain neighborhood integrity and ensure public safety, which are high priorities for many of our residents. Short-term rentals are limited to hotels and motels located in commercial zones. Renting out homes or single rooms – game day housing — is not permitted, unless the property owner remains on-site and operates as a registered bed and breakfast. Please see CCR 1.21  for more information.

Bed and breakfasts (Code of Ordinances 12.6.5.C.2) are permitted in residential zones, but only under these circumstances:

  • It must be part of the owner’s permanent residence.
  • It must maintain a residential appearance.
  • It must be the permanent residence of the proprietor.
  • No more than four unrelated people can stay there overnight.



Who do I contact to setup my utilities?

  • College Station Utilities - 
  • College Station Sanitation – 
    •  979-764-3690
  • Atmos Energy Gas -  
  • Communications -
    • Suddenlink  

      The Suddenlink is now offering service in Castlegate II. If residents wish, they can contact the local Direct Sales rep Charles Stevener at 979-676-8343 or they can come to the Suddenlink Store in Bryan located at 4114 E 29th St

    • CEO Communications (Internet)
      • 979-446-0054
      • Due to the rate of growth in the area and the limited number of towers available, availability may be limited